Functions of Critical Marketing
Critical marketing functions include:
1) One of the most important functions of critical marketing is identify the important constituencies within the marketplace. There may be a market, targeted customers, and prospects of the business, but there are always some agencies or authorities that set and control different rules and regulation for different kind of products, establish barriers, influence or recommend, provide after sale service and review the market(Marnell,T. 2011). Critical marketing aspect identifies such groups and constituencies so that successful marketing can be attained without any barriers.
2) Second important function is to identify the target customers or valuing specific user group. Applying critical theory of marketing with focusing on likely prospect is an integral part of the function whose ultimate objective is to find out the best customer group. End users are always ready and can be approached via general marketing but there are few groups who purchase, recommend, pay for service without stretching much on the imagination(Marnell,T. 2011). Such users are also considered customers or prospects.
3) Effective communication within the marketplace may involve traditional various communications disciplines such as advertising, promotion, public relations, face to face selling etc. In today’s market, internet has been emerged as the most effective source for communication. As each target audience segment plays a significant role making marketing plans successful, different critical approach or disciplines may function to communicate effectively(Marnell,T. 2011). Setting objectives for each disciplines used and for each target audience group or segment is an important function of effective communication.
4) Another function of critical marketing is to conduct transactions within the marketplace. Advertising or promotional activities are considered visible but costly techniques. Order processing that plays a vital role in inventory management, is also important for effective marketing as the timely delivery of goods or services in good condition goes a long way with the marketer and establishes a positive attitude for the company(Marnell,T. 2011). Such internal processing of delivery makes end users to repurchase and recommend the company’s products or services to others.
5) Keep track on the customer’s feedback has changed the view of marketplace. Such functions give users a confidence about the company and their product or services. On the other hand, it enables company to implement required changes to satisfying end users completely. It results in mouth to mouth marketing, recommendation, promotion of the product or services or a marketer and establish a brand name of the enterprise.